The temperatures are quickly dropping off as we move into November. We almost thought Summer would last forever. But now, the thought of relaxing at home under a warm blanket while scrolling through ideas and tips on the internet seems like the perfect, leisurely way to spend an evening. There are plenty of places online that will give you all the decorating advice you could ask for – from bloggers to company blogs there is something for everyone. The trick is figuring out where to start. So today we’re sharing our 7 favorite well-known and not so well-known sites for decor inspiration and industry information.
7 Websites for Decorating Inspiration and Information
- I Heart HGTV – You’ve heard of HGTV, but did you know about it’s interior design blog? The just launched an all new look too. Get ideas for every room in your home, including your garden, with expert advice, photos, and video from all the designers you love to watch.
- Apartment Therapy – Centered around small living spaces, Apartment Therapy offers all types of solutions for decorating and storage. Get motivation from the featured real-life homes and write-in questions from readers like you.
- Design*Sponge – This blog is all about design. Yes, ALL. From graphics to fashion to interiors you’re sure to find modern inspiration from up and coming artists, authors, entrepreneurs, and decorators. To broaden your experience follow along on Twitter and Instagram for color challenges and eclectic decor ideas.
- Freshome – Keeping up to date with trends and ideas couldn’t be easier with Freshome. With real life locations to inspire your interior decorating (and probably your wanderlust), unique design tips, and interesting architecture you’ll have to trouble spending hours on this site.
- SF Gate – Actually, this site is a local news and information site for the San Francisco Bay Area. No problem for us though because it’s relevant information for anywhere. Get your decorating and home improvement news, trends, tips and tricks all in one place.
- Houzz – The Houzz “Stories” tab is a great place to go for actual situations involving people like you. Articles range from blog contributors to true-life customer stories inspiring you to make the changes you want, then helping you find the professionals to help you achieve those changes. Choose from a range of topics and you’re on your way! While you’re there check out the “Advice” tab for design dilemmas and polls.
- Magnolia Homes – It’s no surprise that a blog curated by Joanna Gaines from HGTV’s Fixer Upper is a go to. Not only will you find decorating ideas inspired by current clients, but you’ll also get a behind-the-scenes look at personal projects as well. There’s plenty to see with architecture, table settings, recipes, and even tips for hanging out with the kids.
Which sites do you like to visit? Head over to our Facebook page or Twitter account and let us know who we should check out next. And don’t forget to follow along for industry information and company happenings!